Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MIA

I haven't blogged in close to 2.5 weeks. I have felt SO empty! I'm sorry I haven't provided any updates either. I feel really really lame!

Here's why:

So the first weekend of August was actually our first vacation of the summer. The husband and I planned a trip up to the mountains with some friends for the weekend, so we headed up to Fossil Springs in Strawberry. The day we got there we hiked down to where the falls are. Well, there were a lot of people there, and by a lot of people, I mean a lot of drunk people. Anyway, my husband was standing on the edge of the huge pool, and underneath some cliffs. Some kids were having a little too much fun on the rope swing, and shook some rocks loose on the way down. Ben just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and took a boulder (the size of a couch pillow) to the head. He was carried up the trail, took an ambulance to the small neighboring town, and air-vacced to Scottsdale. He had emergency surgery to repair severe lacerations to his head, and we later found that 4 of his thoracic vertebrae had been fractured. We spent 3 sleepless nights in the hospital.
It's amazing he wasn't killed or paralyzed, or has any damage at all to his brain. He is currently in a brace and will be for 2 more months. The staples in his head come out in a few days.

That being said, I spent a lot of time in the hospital doing NOTHING! The only thing I have "crafted" was putting the pads on the plastic part of his brace correctly. However, I spent a lot of time blog hopping and wasting WAY too much time on Pinterest. Do you have a Pinterest account? If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up... it is so choice. (Ferris Bueller anyone?) Since being home, I've been working like crazy (since he can't) and putting all of my time and effort into making sure he's taken care of. Things are starting to wind down, so there will be new projects soon!

Here are some cute ideas I came across while "pinnng" and blog hopping!


Thumb tack vase fillers
found on
A fancified baby onesie... I'm a sucker for baby stuff.
found on
Curtain rods hung from the ceiling to create a canopy bed
found on

Cute Cute Cute reclaimed wood art
found on

Freakin AWESOME zebra rug
found on
www.vintagerevivals.blogspot.com

Stenciled and Painted Pillows
found on

Family Sign
found on

SUPER cute stuff, huh? I love it all. Anyway, Halloween is coming up!! Yay! It's like my favorite holiday after Christmas. I still make my husband dress up with me. Anyway, keep an eye out for new posts featuring some fun Halloween Decor!

Oh, and my birthday is tomorrow, the 24th. Is it sad that I'm not even excited? 22 seems so lame... Who knows though? Maybe it'll be the best year of my life!

3 comments:

hills said...

SO glad you're back. we need to craft together!! you are amazing! :)

Ashley's Thrifty Living said...

Glad your back and glad your husband is ok! Scary Stuff!!

Get Craftlicious said...

Thanks guys! Glad I'm back too! Hectic past few weeks, but SOOO excited to start some new AH-mazing crafty crap!