Friday, May 20, 2011

Not so craftlicious...

Hello friends. I have bad news, I haven't been able to attack my craftlicious project this week. =( My mom has this sweet dresser that needs a re-vamp for a boys room, and I was SO looking forward to doing it yesterday!
Unfortunately, my sweet little dog Chloe has been super sick and lethargic lately. I took her to the vet and sadly, she has contracted the Parvovirus. For those of you who don't know what Parvo is, it's a virus that attacks the intestines (mostly in puppies 15 months or younger) and causes the dog to become severely dehydrated. They usually die very swiftly and painfully. The cost to treat her at the vet is in the thousands (which I wish I had, but don't) and she is deteriorating quickly. As of right now we're trying a home remedy which requires around the clock care, but it doesn't look like she's going to make it. We'll probably need to put her down soon. It's getting really hard to see her in so much pain, and it really feels like we're fighting a losing battle.

I know, it's super depressing. I promise once our situation with her is resolved there will be many a crafty projects to come. Keep your eyes peeled for the dresser re-vamp!

No comments: